The Parrot

The Student News Site of Audubon High School

The Parrot

The Parrot

Girl’s Tennis Team ends the 2023 season triumphant

The Audubon Girls Tennis Team recently rallied against all odds and claimed the championship thanks to hard work and determination. This year the team’s record was 11-5, and they ended the season victorious by becoming Colonial Conference Patriot Division Champions. 

The returning players bounced back from struggles in previous seasons and kicked off the year undefeated 6-0. Jane Poponi, second singles and captain, commented on their success. She says, “I could tell from the moment this team stepped out on the courts that this season would be different…it’s so impressive both in the comeback but also just to see the talent on the team from both new and returning players.” Junior, Jane Poponi, a returning player, has witnessed the improvement of the team first hand and is so proud of how far the players have come. 

The head coach of the team, Coach Niglio, also remarked that he will be embracing the growth of the team as he looks forward to coaching and building on their recent success next season. It is presumed that the 2024 season will only bring more growth in success and numbers. The school looks forward to seeing how they progress next season after becoming Colonial Conference Patriot Division Champions.