The Parrot

The Student News Site of Audubon High School

The Parrot

The Parrot

New Courses for 2024-2025

With the new school year comes new improvements; a selection of new classes to choose from. Here you can find the course list for the new school year.

There are two new courses in the Math department. These courses  are familiar. The Probability and Statistics teacher is yet to be determined, but the course is self-explanatory. It is an algebra-based class and requires no pre-requisites in statistics. Newspapers, magazines, the internet, etc. will be used to interpret real-life data to incorporate in their learning process. There is a Dual Credit Option through Camden County College. 

Another math class will be AP Pre-Calc. This class will be taught by Mr. McKee. Take the next step up and take this college-level class where you will be using everyday situations and mathematical tools to develop an understanding of modeling and functions. If you’re planning to go into a career in math, physics, biology, health science, social science or data science, this class will prepare you for it. Mr. McKee says that this will be a wonderful opportunity for college credit in Pre-Calc; most majors require the student to pass this class in college. He is excited to teach this class and meet his new students, and give them challenges in order to gain college credit and inspire students to continue studying mathematics.

Three new courses were added into the science department. A new class on Natural Disasters is being offered. If you have ever wondered about the science of extreme weather, join this class. The course will last for one semester. l It will go over the natural causes of nature’s forces and you will also see how humans play a part in causing them. The class is being taught by Mr. Manskopf. 

Next is Animal Behavior with Mrs. Egner. Any questions about how animals interact with their environment will be answered in this new course. Animal needs, communication, interaction, competition and behavior will be taught in this class. 

Also with Mrs. Egner is Plant Biology. The function, evolution, environments, and agriculture of plants will be gone over. Lab activities and a hands-on approach will be used. This class will also be one semester. Mrs. Egner came up with her courses in order to share her knowledge with her students, and she is very excited to do so. Her classes will reportedly not be difficult but will still be educational and exciting. She says that if you take her course, you won’t regret it.

Two classes that were proposed, Media Technology and Percussion Ensemble, did not have enough student requests to run for the next school year.