The Parrot

The Student News Site of Audubon High School

The Parrot

The Parrot

The Road to Championship

Girls’ Soccer

For the Audubon girls soccer team, this year’s season ended short of the desired outcome. The team produced a winning season with only one regular season loss on the road. During the NJSIAA tournament, the girls went 4 rounds, handing each opponent a sure loss. The possibility of an appearance in the finals looked promising until the semi final round against Point Pleasant Beach that ended in a 3-0 loss for the wave. 

Junior right back, Mia Blake gave me some insight on what went wrong that day for the team. “We slacked off the entire first half, we could have beat them if everyone stuck to their assignment.” To those present, it was obvious that what differed in the teams was not a lack of skill but a lack of effort and communication. 

When asking Coach Scully, head coach of the girls team what could have been done better he responded saying, “We played tough but we needed to match the physicality early in the game, we didn’t finish our chances and they capitalized on the chances they had.” With five seniors leaving the team next year, Coach Scully and the team look forward to working towards their goal of picking up what they left off this season and delivering the Green wave a Championship title.