Junior Football Player: Aden Dootay, Fall Athlete Spotlight

Roliana Hannan, Writer

Aden Dootay is a junior at Audubon High School and a varsity football player. He joined the team this year. His position is lineman, on offense he is tackle and defense he is D tackle. He has always been a defensive lineman because he enjoys playing it. His achievements this season include a total of 16 tackles.

He has been playing football for 9 years. He claimed he has not always enjoyed playing football because of pressure from his family members and coaches, but he would not want to do anything else besides it. He is slowly coming to the realization that he is passionate about it and would like to continue playing in the future. He feels supported most by his mom, his number one fan, who has always stayed by his side. 

Aden joined the Audubon Football Team his junior year after transferring from Camden County Technical High School because they did not have a football team. His friend, Alex Gonzalez whom he has known since middle school and who plays football for Audubon, convinced him to transfer to play together. 

Pre-game, he likes to listen to music to calm his nerves and do stretches. Post-game he likes rewarding himself by going to Wawa. Aden claimed the season was good but there is always room for improvement on both the individual and team levels. He explains they could have fixed their mistakes and worked harder, but overall this season went by well. “Next year, we will get better, stronger, smarter, and faster; and be a team with an unbreakable bond. We will win games and go to the playoffs with our hard work.”  

Outside of football, he likes to listen to music. Music gets him through his days. His favorite artists include J Cole, Snoh Aalegra, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Blxst, Lucky Daye, and Sleepy Hallow. Although Aden enjoys playing basketball, he joined winter track to throw and to work on his speed for next year’s football season. In five to ten years he sees himself graduating from high school, committing to, and playing football for the college of his choice.